Every bodybuilder wants to grow faster. No-one wants to wait for results, we all want results now or if not then yesterday. So it is very frustrating that it takes months or years to build muscle mass. However there are things that we can do to reduce the time it takes us to build muscle. So here are 10 hot tips that show you how to build muscle fast. Here they are:
1. The Overload Principle. This basically means that you have to increase or improve the workload you do every workout. You must constantly strive for improvements in order to keep pushing your muscle to the limits to stimulate growth. By placing ever increasing demands on the body we can force it to continuously grow and adapt to the new demands each workout in order to build muscle fast.
2. Your rep range should be between 8 and 12 reps. This range of reps is proven to stimulate the most muscle growth for size. Whilst the 3-6 rep range will increase strength it does not always lead to massive size increases. In the 15 plus category you can create muscle growth but it will be in a different type of muscle fiber which does not increase in size so much, although your body will gain endurance.
3. Each body part or muscle group should be trained for a maximum of 6-9 sets in any given workout. More than that and you risk over training. This will keep your workouts shorter and sharper and avoid the body releasing catabolic hormones which actually do not help you build muscle. In any case try to keep your workout down to 45 minutes so it is nice and intense.
4. Get enough calories inside you. If you wish to build muscle mass then you need to consume excess calories which can then be used to build muscle mass. Muscle does not just grow out of thin air it requires the excess calories to build it. You must eat lots and make sure the calories are from good sources such as rice, bread, pasta for carbs, fish lean white meat for protein and fresh leafy green fruit and vegetables for vitamins and minerals.
5. Increase your protein intake. Protein is required for muscle to be repaired and built. If you do not have enough protein then you will not be able to build muscles fast. You can work out your required protein take by:
Your Lean Mass Weight (Kg) x 2.75 = Your Daily Protein Requirement
To workout your lean mass weight you need to know your percentage body fat. This can be done at many gyms or an easier method is to simply take one gram of protein for each pound of body weight that you have, this is also a suitable guideline.
6. Consume Fat! This is good advice because it increases the muscle building anabolic hormone in your body. Some people increase this by taking steroids but a good bodybuilding diet can do this to some naturally and fats play a role in this.
7. Liquids. A great deal of chemical reactions in the body, such as those responsible for muscle building, require copious amounts of water in order to take place. Therefore it is sensible to take on board more water than you would normally. This is an excellent tip often overlooked when people try to build muscles fast.
8. Take it easy on the aerobic exercise and cardio workouts. This is because cardio workouts release the catabolic hormone that actually can lead to muscle tissue being broken down, the exact opposite of what you want. Also it will reduce the amount of excess calories in your body which you really want to conserve in order to build muscle when you are at rest.
9. My favorite: Sleep. Your muscles can only grow and repair themselves during periods of rest and sleep is clearly a key rest period. Make sure you take a good protein shake before you turn in. The last thing you want to do is starve your body of muscle overnight when you are trying to build muscle mass fast. During sleep growth hormones are released, your muscles experience increased blood flow and your metabolic rate slows down. All of these are ideal conditions for building muscle fast.
10. Be committed. Do not give up on your goals. You will not turn in to Mr. Olympia overnight but if you follow the above guidelines over a three month period then you can experience significant gains in muscle mass. The above tips are practiced by many experienced bodybuilders and I assure you they really do show you how to build muscle fast.